Why a Security Assessment Is a Must
It’s natural to want to think, “We’ve got it covered.” I hear this from a number of people that I meet with to discuss cybersecurity. To be honest, they do think that they are safe, but this is more due to ignorance than anything else. Most people just don’t know what they don’t know. That is one reason why I insist that they let us perform the assessment. What is the worst thing that could happen? We find nothing? There has not yet been an instance where I was not able to go back to them and show them at least one thing that needed to be looked at.
After we perform this assessment, you’ll get answers to questions such as:
- Are your login credentials and those of your employees being sold on the Dark Web? (I can practically guarantee one or more are… THIS will shock you.) Thanks to a new threat intelligence and ID-monitoring service we subscribe to, we can run a report on YOUR company and see what credentials are actively being sold on the Dark Web, which is a part of the World Wide Web, but accessible only by means of special software, allowing operators to remain completely and totally anonymous and untraceable. That’s why the most notorious cybercrime rings around the world use the Dark Web.
- Have your IT systems and data been truly secured from hackers, cybercriminals, viruses, worms, and even sabotage by rogue employees? If you’re not getting weekly security updates from your current IT person, your systems probably aren’t secure (get on our weekly tip list to keep up to date). You should also know that antivirus software and most firewalls are grossly inadequate against the sophisticated attacks now happening.
- Would your current backup allow you to be back up and running again fast if ransomware locked all of your files? In most of the computer networks we’ve reviewed over the years, the owners were shocked to learn the backup they had would NOT survive a ransomware attack. Ransomware is designed to infect your backups as well, leaving you defenseless. There are only a handful of backup systems that will prevent this from happening.
- Do your employees truly know how to spot a phishing email? We will actually put them to the test. We’ve never seen a company pass 100%. Never.
- Are your IT systems, backups, and devices in sync with compliance requirements for HIPAA, GLBA, and SOX, as well as using best practices to ensure data integrity?
If we DO find problems — overlooked security loopholes, inadequate backups, credentials that have been compromised, out-of-date firewall and antivirus software, and (often) active malware — on one or more of the PCs in your office, we will propose an Action Plan to remediate the situation, which you can have us implement for you if you choose. I want to stress that everything we discuss and discover will be strictly confidential.
I know you are extremely busy and there is enormous temptation to discard this, shrug it off, worry about it "later," or dismiss it altogether. That is, undoubtedly, the easy choice…but the easy choice is rarely the RIGHT choice. This I can guarantee: At some point, you WILL have to deal with a cybersecurity event.
You’ve spent a lifetime working hard to get where you are today. Don’t let some low-life thief operating outside of the law in another country get away with taking that from you. And certainly don’t "hope" your IT guy has you covered. Get the facts and be certain you are protected.
To request a FREE Security Assessment, complete the fill-in form shown above, or call 317-372-7625.
Put Your Systems to the Test with a FREE Security Assessment!
Our system is now much more efficient and secure.
Bytecafe took the time to learn about our business before recommending and implementing solutions — our system is now much more efficient and secure. When we do need technical support and advice, they deliver quickly and with excellent customer service.
Marketing & Operations Director
Knowing that Bytecafe is our partner looking after our security and system needs gives us confidence to focus on our business.
Data is the life blood of our business. Any breach of our security, any threat to the integrity of our data, or any anomalies in our systems poses danger to our mission-critical operations. Knowing that Bytecafe is our partner looking after our security and system needs gives us confidence to focus ...Read More
John P. Young
Young & Young