Field Service Technician
Field Service Technicians provide professional, courteous and prompt technical support via onsite visits or by remote administration. This includes problem definition, prioritization, analysis, re-creation, resolution, and escalation as needed. Field Service Engineers provide the first level of support to Bytecafe clients.
- Take ownership for resolving client support issues from case logging through management of escalation or resolution
- Utilize tools and documentation provided as necessary in resolving technical issues or reproducing problem cases
- Respond to client cases and field inquiries in a timely and effective manner by answering known questions and reproducing straightforward technical problems
- Effectively use escalation procedures as necessary
- Be an advocate for providing satisfaction to clients by maintaining a proactive approach to managing and maintaining reliable infrastructure
- Facilitate issue resolution by leveraging internal experts when necessary
- Regular and reliable attendance is required
- Other job related duties as assigned
- Learn new SMB products and diagnostic tools and share knowledge with others
- Provide feedback on product and/or process initiatives developed in other areas
- Update Client Network Documentation
- Perform configuration, installation and monitoring duties
- Perform system and file backups
- Maintain systems through installation of service packs, hot fixes, etc
- Perform high-level diagnostics and provide Tier 1 support
- Creates and/or updates configuration documents
- Enter time on a daily basis and updated service tickets in a timely manner
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Troubleshooting Skills
- Working knowledge of technology architecture
- Experience in system configuration
- Problem solving skills
- Working knowledge of networking concepts preferred
- Must have knowledge of Active Directory, DNS, WINS, DHCP
- Familiarity with most of the following products: Windows Servers 2003 & 2008, Microsoft Exchange, Windows XP/Vista/7, Android/iPhone/iPad, Microsoft Office, Google Apps, Remote support best practices
- Must have good customer service and phone skills
- Must be able to work effectively individually and in a team environment
- Must have high attention to detail and must be very organized
- Ability to work some nights and weekends
Certifications to be working towards:
- Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST)
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
- Microsoft Office Specialists (Office Specialists)
Two to Four years of experience is required for this technical position. Most work involves troubleshooting, installation of hardware, software, and network connections.
Microsoft Certification is required for this position. You must be willing to associate your MCP ID with our Microsoft Partner ID.
We place a strong emphasis on Top Quality, Experience, and Customer Service. When you work for us, we pay for any Microsoft Certification exams!
A background check and clean DMV report are required.
We are looking for a Certified Technician who is willing to learn *our* way of providing top-quality customer support. You will fine-tune your trouble-shooting skills and be exposed to a wide variety of network setup and internet operations.
This position is in Indianapolis. Please do not apply if you are outside the Indianapolis Area.
To apply for this job, send Resume and salary history to email@example.com.