A common trend among new software is in giving users the ability to personalize certain areas. This could be something as simple as adding your picture or changing the layout. Many programs that have traditionally been utility in nature, such as office suites, are starting to offer ways for users to customize. Microsoft Office 365 is one of those such programs offering these features.
Microsoft Office 365 is first and foremost a suite of familiar office software for businesses to use in their day-to-day operations. But just because this software is instantly recognizable as a Microsoft product, it doesn’t mean that you can’t make some small changes to personalize your computing workspace. Here are a few ways you can do just that:
Set Your Profile Picture You can set a profile picture which will show up on any window or application that has the ability to show your image - e.g., Microsoft Lync. To set your picture:
- Log into Office 365 and go to the Home page.
- Click the My Profile header. It’s located in the top right hand side of the screen, underneath your name.
- Click Change Photo.
- Choose your photo by selecting Browse. It’s recommended that your picture be under 100kb in size, you’ll get an error message telling you if it is any larger. When you have selected your picture, press Save.
- Navigate to the Outlook page, click on Options. It’s located in the top right hand side of the screen, underneath your name.
- Click See all options from the drop-down menu that opens.
- Select My Account, followed by Settings which is located in the left hand menu.
- Under the Mail Tab, you will have an option to edit your signature. If you want Outlook to automatically place your signature on every outgoing email, click the radio button below the signature that says Automatically include my signature on messages I send.
Add Your Picture or Logo to Your SharePoint Site If your company uses SharePoint, you can add a logo or picture to enhance what is a relatively plain environment.
- First, you need to create an image. You can use almost any picture, just ensure you can legally use it. Get creative, this is your space!
- When you have the image you want to use, open SharePoint, click Site Actions and select More Options.
- Select Picture Library, and in the window that opens, select a name for a new library, and press Create.
- Your new Library should be on the left side of the screen. Click to open it and select Upload.
- When your picture shows up in the library, select it twice, so it’s in its own window. Copy the web address from the top of the page.
- Under Site Actions select Site Settings followed by Look and Feel.
- Beside Logo URL and description paste the URL you just copied. Click Ok and your image will show up on your SharePoint site.